Search This Blog

Thursday, November 14, 2013

November Grays

This week has been colder than November ought to be. Even with the heat on in the house, I am still freezing. I enjoy the light in the mornings while I run with friends, but I am awfully sleepy by 5pm when it's getting dark. I wasn't ready for winter to hit so early. I'm beginning to wonder if we moved to Canada and someone forgot to tell me.

It's been gray and windy. The gorgeous flame of fall seems to have passed in one windswept day. The grayness seemed to seep into my bones, leaving me tired, lonely, and feeling worn out.

But in the midst of the gray, here's some color...

Visiting the approximately 6700 flags placed as a memorial for all fallen soldiers since 9/11.  





Enjoying the sweetness of Bible study with a new group of ladies after a very trying day. Oh, the Lord was good that evening (and all the time!).  


Little Bear praying for a missionary couple for the week as part of Awana. He wrote a letter to them today to encourage them. I told him he should include a Bible verse that would help them feel encouraged and to know that the Lord is with them. He went off in search of his Bible and wrote Deut. 31:8. "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged." We didn't help him with it all; the Lord put the verse on his sweet heart, and he poured it out to them.


The prayers of a sweet friend when I was so overwhelmed I couldn't pray for myself.

Starting this timeline with Little Bear. He was in love.



A cold morning run with a friend who had been away.

Long, trying days with Curly. Knowing that this too shall pass but most important is for him to know he is loved.

Tiny Dancer charming the girls at the college while we waited for Little Bear's piano lesson. She was sporting one of her creative outfits, and they were eating it up. She's gone dressed as Yoda, a ballerina, and sometimes just like this. 
So many patterns, so little time.


Curly being excited about math as he works on his own pet shop. He is so excited to work on this every day. 
  

A doctor's cure on the most stressful day... 
Did you know there's a Dr. Pepper museum in Waco, TX? Neither did I!


Sometimes I get so bogged down in the big picture. I can't see the forest for the trees, as they say. But this week the Lord showed me the trees. And while the forest can be scary sometimes, the trees are beautiful.  



2 comments:

  1. This is just a wonderful, warm and personal post. You actually brought tears to my eyes reading about your faith.I had to go back up the page to check Little Bear's age again when I read the Bible verse he chose-what a beautiful child. I laughed so hard when I saw Tiny Dancer's adorable outfit-it's exactly what I would have wanted to wear at that age (well, maybe even now if I could get away with it).

    The beginning of your blog reads like poetry-broken by laughter from your "maybe we moved to Canada" line.

    Tracy-I think you've made a great leap in your writing-it's powerful and comes straight from the heart. I've been so focused on my blog problems today but I completely forgot all of that while reading your post. I love reading the posts from you and Rachel. It's so heartening to see real women being real mothers to their children. Thanks so much for taking me out of myself for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy! Just found your blog... are you still using it? I hope so, as I enjoyed reading your post. :) We have a few things in common besides our tiny dancers!

    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete