Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

Trick or Treat!

Yesterday started off with a bang for us. Tiny Dancer came downstairs with a belly ache. She didn't really eat dinner the night before, so I thought maybe she was hungry. She did eat a little breakfast, but then minutes later was curled up in a ball on the couch. That should have been my clue. But it was expected to be a busy day, so I was trying to get dinner in the crock pot. Next thing I know, she says she feels like she's going to be sick. I ran to get the bucket, but I just couldn't make it in time. I'll spare you all the gory details; let's just say it wasn't pretty. I made her a little bed on the couch, hoping she would get better by the evening.

The rest of the morning was spent doing school. The boys wrote stories to go with The Mysteries of Harris Burdick. Curly even said math was fun yesterday. It was just a worksheet full of math problems decorated with a picture of a pumpkin. Math is the dreaded subject for him. So... if I put a picture on the page, it's suddenly a good time?

By afternoon, the little lady was riding her scooter with no further instances, so she was ready to go trick or treating with the boys.  
The Star Wars theme continues in our lives. Actually, they got tons of compliments on having coordinated costumes. Take advantage now, folk, because it's not likely to happen again.


This pumpkin is not impressed.


It was our first time trick or treating in our "new" house. We closed on Halloween last year, but we didn't move in until two weeks later. We weren't sure what to expect in a new place. It was definitely different. It's a smaller neighborhood, so it didn't take as long. There were also a lot less people out and about. And we really didn't know many of the people we did see, aside from our immediate neighbors. Every year prior to this, we have walked around with friends. This was our first year just the five of us, and it was a nice change. Other years I felt like I didn't really get to see my kids because they moved at various speeds in the pack. This year we moved a little slower and had more time together. Days where all of us go out are numbered, so I was thankful for the change. 



After collecting the loot, we returned home for a viewing of Toy Story of Terror! Super fun.
This clip has my favorite scene: the Pez dispenser throwing up.

Now that Curly is ten and in fifth grade, I can see where certain things won't last forever. I'm trying to cherish these moments while also training him to independence.

What did you do for Halloween?


No comments:

Post a Comment