Search This Blog

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Prowling Lion



We've had some dissension among the ranks lately. It started out small; so small it was hard to notice at first. But lately it's become full blown.

Tattling. Disobedience. Complaining. Selfishness. Anger. Hurt.

It's not pretty. I know it's the end of summer and getting back into a routine will help. We will all have something to think about other than ourselves. But there's more to it than that.

I read this article yesterday. It was timed well in that it reminded me of the roots of the weeds. I was trying to mow the weeds down with different tactics, but the roots themselves need to be removed. To her list, I would add prayer.

Through prayer, God has shown me the depths of what's happening. Strongholds. Pride. Fear. Mine and theirs.

This week our children have been having nightmares, too. Not only are they scared, but no one is getting any sleep.

Can you see the prowling lion in our home? I know I can. It took me a couple of weeks to see it, but the Lord was good enough to reveal it to me. I prayed over and for my little family this morning.

"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct...." 1 Peter 1:13-16

I'm praying for strongholds to be broken. For light to win over the dark. For love and hope and redemption. I am waiting expectantly. For grace and glory.

We took turns telling each other things we like about the others. You can see their faces as they hear why they are loved.









No comments:

Post a Comment