Search This Blog

Friday, July 12, 2013

A Rainy Day Treat

We got to spend the morning with this little teddy bear.

I twisted his mother's arm to let us have him for a few hours. I'd like to say I was trying to be helpful, but I really just wanted to spend some time with him.

What a joy he is. Always smiling. So easy to make laugh.


The kids loved taking care of him. They got a chance to pretend to be big brothers and sisters (I know, the boys already are, right? But they don't have a little brother. We'll say that was the draw.)

He helped clean up the toys in the basement. He came to morning swim practice with us.
Everyone wanted a turn to push the stroller.

We pushed him. We fed him. We rubbed his round belly.
Maybe we need a little more practice at the feeding. It's been a while.


The kids asked him a million questions to which every answer was: No! He matched their tone of voice perfectly every time. Tiny Dancer pulled out a very high-pitched baby voice for him, and he responded in kind. Little Bear asked his questions in a lower voice, and the answer came back in the same tone. It was so much fun. All four kids were laughing and enjoying the little ham.

So, to his mama, I'd like to say a big thanks for making our day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! That is the cutest little boy ever!!! Thank you for watching him :)

    ReplyDelete